Purpose: The NHVEA Scholarship is offered to dependents of NHVEA members, who are currently completing their senior year of high school and plan on continuing their education by attending a full-time college or a trade school. Students may apply for this one time scholarship at the end of their senior year of high school.
Eligibility: The scholarship will be awarded upon proof of successful completion of the first semester of college studies or successful completions of the first unit of a post-secondary trade school. Students must be of good academic standing and provide evidence that they will continue for a second semester.
Timeline: This form is due as a letter of intent by May 15th of the student’s senior year. The first semester grades are due January 31st of the freshman college year. A monetary amount of $500 (subject to change depending on the number of applicants) will be awarded at this time based on the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the respective high school and enrolled in post-secondary studies
- Copy of high school transcript.
- Copy of acceptance letter is appropriate.
- Deadline for submission: 5/15/19
- Successful completion of the first marking period/unit of study and proof of enrollment for the second semester/unit of training.
- A minimum of at least 12 credits (or equivalent) for the first semester of college studies.
- First semester GPA of at least 2.5., verified with an unofficial/official college transcript.
- Unit schedule or equivalent from a trade school with evidence of a passing score.
- Deadline of submission: 1/31/20
Contact: All material should be sent to Carol Wilhelm, North Hunterdon High School, 1445 Route 31 Annandale, NJ 08801, email@example.com for review by the scholarship committee.
For more information and the form, click HERE: NHVEA SCHOLARSHIP 2019