As you know, the U.S. Supreme Court released its decision in the Janus case, ruling that unions can no longer collect representation fees. We have been preparing for this outcome for over a year by strengthening our relationships with our members and reminding them of the value and importance of membership.
With that in mind, we will be holding a Post-Janus Meeting on Wednesday, July 18 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Bridgewater High School, 600 Garretson Road, Bridgewater, NJ 08807. This meeting is free to attend and open to any member in your local.
Questions that will be addressed include:
- What does this ruling mean for our individual local?
- What do we do if a current member wishes to drop their membership?
- What are non-member free riders entitled to?
- Do we still need to represent everyone regardless of whether or not they are a member?
- How should we treat people who drop their membership or refuse to join the association?
If you are interested in attending, please click on this link to register, no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 13. If your association is sending more than one person, please complete each registration separately.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to your field rep.
Jennifer Larsen, William Render, Fred Skirbst
UNISERV – REGION 13
27 Minneakoning Road
Flemington, NJ 08807